Travel Team Tryout Information
(Updated Sep. 24, 2017)
FJVC announces the 2018 Travel Team tryout schedule and parent meeting dates/times. Registration at the door is $35. Early registration on-line is $30. Below the schedule are three general areas we cover to help make sure you are ready and registered. Should you have any questions, please contact Nicole Candelora (Ncandelora@fjvcva.org).
9:00 am - 11:00 am
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
All tryouts will be held at the Fredericksburg Field House
(3411 Shannon Park Dr., Fredericksburg, VA 22408).
To determine which team you are eligible to try-out for, please use the USA Volleyball chart above.
2018 Age Divisions
The age determination date for youth Volleyball is September 1.
Below are the 2018 age requirements for each age division
(effective Sept 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018).
12 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2005
13 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2004
14 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2003
15 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2002
16 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2001
17 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 2000
18 & Under - Born on or after September 1, 1999
OR born on or after September 1, 1998 AND be a high school student (12th grade or below) during some part of the current academic year.
Things to do before the tryout dates
1) Using the age division guidelines, select the appropriate age level
2) Register online and pay $30 (early registration). Registration on the day of tryouts is $35
3) Read our Parent's Handbook (will be released in the near future)
4) Download the Athlete’s Medical Release form to bring with you to the tryouts
5) Go over the frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Things to bring to tryouts
1) Athlete’s Medical Release form
2) Gym attire, to include athletic shoes
3) Knee pads
5) Register and pay $35 (if you did not register earlier)
How tryouts work
1) Following a group warm-up, players can expect the following:
- be prepared to identify which position(s) you intend to tryout for (this does not lock the player into that position)
- expect to be divided into groups so coaches can observe players in their position using small group drills
- during 6v6 play, coaches may move players around and substitute other players
2) At the end of tryouts, players can leave the facility. Selection will happen following the end of tryouts once the coaches have had a chance to analyze the players
2) FJVC will call the player to confirm a spot on a team. Be sure to confirm your contact number when you check in
3) Plan to attend the parent's meeting where parents are expected to commit with a deposit at the end of the meeting.
4) It is mandatory to attend the parents meeting in order to keep your spot on a team.
Parent meeting dates/times
14 National Sept 20 - 6:45
15 Regional Sept 20- 7:30
15 National Sept 20- 8:00
16 Regional Sept 27- 6:00
17 Regional Sept 27- 6:45
16 National Sept 27 - 7:30
17 National Sept 27 - 8:00
12 Regional Oct 4- 6:15
13 Regional Oct 4- 7:00
18 National Oct 4 - 7:30
Location: Fredericksburg Field House (3411 Shannon Park Dr., Fredericksburg, VA 22408)
Congratulations Basma Joseph!
Brooke Point High School announced their new volleyball coach!